Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 pcs firm tofu, cut into bite size
- 10 pcs fresh shitake mushroom, cut into bite size
- 5 red chilies
- 5 green chilies
- 1 inch of ginger, shredded
- 1 tbsp, preserved black bean
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooking oil, for deep fry
- 1 tsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of vegetarian concentrate sauce
- 1-2 tbsp of sugar to balance the saltiness
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp. of sesame oil
- Combine seasoning except sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat pot with 1 cups of cooking oil for deep frying. Deep fry the tofu till lightly brown. Drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- In a wok, add 1 tbsp. oil on the wok, add ginger and preserved black bean, saute until aromatic.
- Bring in fried tofu, shitake mushroom and chilies into the wok, add 1 cup water to avoid burning. Stir fry for second.
- Add seasoning mixer. Bring to boil. Lower the heat; cover the lid and let it simmer until the sauce thicken. (At this point check and adjust the seasoning to your liking)
- Off the heat, add sesame oil, stir to combine; black bean beancurd & chilies mushroom ready to serve.
For safe guard, please be “light hand” (ie: don’t add too much) with the seasoning at the beginning. The preserved black bean contain salt that tend to overpowering the whole dish. Left some room re-adjust the seasoning at the end of the cooking to your liking.