- 200g dried rice vermicelli
- 1 canned fried gluten in soy sauce
- 3-4 stalks of chay sim (green vegetable)
- 2 eggs
- 5 pcs dried shiitake mushroom
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-soak the rice vermicelli in water for 15 mins. Drain, set aside.
- Pre-soak the dried shiitake mushroom, then cut into thin strips.
- Cut the green to 2 inch long.
- Crack the eggs and whisk. Set aside.
- Heat wok with 1 tbsp. cooking oil. Add the eggs, stir to form a scramble egg. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same wok, add another 1 tbsp. cooking oil, follow by shiitake mushroom. Pan fry until fragrant.
- Add rice vermicelli, vegetarian oyster sauce, 1/4 cup of water. Stir to combine.
- Add the fried gluten together with the gravy. Stir and braised for a minute or more. The rice vermicelli will slowly absorbed the gravy.
- Then return the eggs and add pepper, salt to taste. Stir to combine. Lastly add the green vegetable, continue to stir fry until the green just cooked.
- Braised Rice Vermicelli with Gluten in Soy Sauce is ready to serve.