- 1 package (150-200g) of fresh oyster mushroom
- 1/3 cup of salted vege (shredded thinly, soaked in water for an hour or more to reduce the saltiness)
- 1 medium tomato (Cut into wedges)
- 1 chili (shredded thinly)
- 1 inch ginger (shredded thinly)
- 2 salted plums
- A dash of mushroom powder to taste
Cut the salted vege into thin and long strips. Pre-soaked in plain water for 1-2 hours. This is to reduce the saltiness in the vege.
In a wok, add in 2 cups of water. Arrange steamer rack. Bring the water to boil.
1. Arrange all the ingredients in the plate according to the following order:
- 1st Layer: Oyster mushroom
- 2nd Layer: Tomato wedges
- 3rd Layer: Shredded salted vege
- 4th Layer: Shredded chili, ginger and salted plum (Lightly squeeze the salted plum spread evenly)
- 5th Layer: Lastly sprinkle some mushroom powder on top
2. Steam on medium heat for roughly 10-15 minutes. (The water in the steamer should be boiling before the plate goes in)
3. Ready to serve with steam rice – Steam Oyster Mushroom with Salted Vege.
This dish adopted from Teo Chew Steam Fish style. I’m using Oyster Mushroom to replace the fish.
In this recipe I’m using steel plate, porcelain plate work well too. You may add some chili padi or spring onion as garnishing up to individual’s preference diet.
Alternatively, you may add soft tofu side by side with the oyster mushroom and continue with the next layer as above.