- 350g fresh yellow noodles
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon thick sweet soy sauce
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Ground white pepper to taste (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch the noodles. Toss with 1 tbsp. cooking oil. Set aside.
2. Clean the bean sprouts, set aside. The second photo show the sweet sauce that I use.
3. Heat wok in high heat until smoky; add 2tbps. Cooking oil to coat the wok follows by yellow noodles. Spread the noodles in a thin, even layer on the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Add sweet soy sauce; continue to fry the noodles for another minute or two until can see the noodles lightly burn.
5. Crack 3 eggs into it. Stir fry once to combine the noodles and eggs, this time you still can see a runny eggs on it, lets the eggs lightly set. Continue to stir fry until everything mixed well, the eggs should spread evenly around the noodles; add a splash of water to give a little moisture to the noodles, salt and ground white pepper.
6. Add bean sprout, stir fry constantly for a minute. You want the sprouts to be cooked but still crunchy. Be careful not to overcook them or they will become limp and soggy.
7. Plate and serve immediately.
- The ratio between bean sprout and noodles at least 1:1 or more.
- High heat is a key requirement for this dish. Also require quick hands in stir fry along the cooking process to build a wok heat, or “wok hei”.
- The texture of the noodles should be sweet and slightly wet.