- 1 medium size eggplant
- A handful of fresh basil leave
- 2 chili
- 4 slices of ginger
- Oil for frying
1 tbsp. vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tsp. sugar
3 tbsp. water
- Cut eggplant into bite size, Set aside.
- Pluck the basil leave from the stem. Set aside.
- Deseed the chili, cut into strips.
- Cut the ginger into thin piece.
- To make the sauce, whisk sauce ingredients to combine. Set aside.
- In a pot, heat oil. Slowly drop the eggplants; fry for 1 minute until the eggplant soften. Then transfer to cold water, drain off the excess water.
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp. oil. Add ginger, fry until fragrant then add chili, stir fried for second.
- Add the eggplant follow by the sauce. Mixed well.
- Lastly add the basil leave. Stir to combine. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Ready to serve.