- 1 package soft tofu, cut into large pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium tomato (Cut into wedges)
- 1 inch ginger (shredded thinly)
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp. Vegetable concentrate stock
- Sugar to taste
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 stalk scallion/parsley, cut into 2 inch lengths
- Heat wok, add cooking oil, pour the beaten egg, using spatula quickly break the egg into bite size pieces and dish out.
- Combine the ketchup, vegetable concentrate stock, sugar and water. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In the same wok with the left over oil, gently slide the tofu in and lightly pan fry on both side. Do not worry if the tofu slightly breaks.
- Add in ginger, tomatoes and egg follow by the sauce; stir to combine. Simmer for 1-2 mins, make sure the ingredients coated with sauces.
- Lastly add the scallion, give a quick stir and dish out.
- Ready to serve with steam rice. Enjoy tomato and tofu eggs.
When frying the eggs, avoid using high heat as it’s will cause the egg curl quickly. We want to use medium heat so that enough time to break the eggs to bite size and the eggs still soft. The reason not to overcook the eggs is we want to get a silken bite in the whole dish.
If you are Buddhist vegetarian, skip the scallion and use parsley as alternative.